|Price:||Check price on Amazon
Available in a model with folding legs, vibrant decals
Cons: Low to the ground, assembly instructions unclear
Bottom line: Sturdy table for children
Playcraft Sport Foosball Table Review
The Playcraft Sport foosball table is built to catch the eye of anyone who sees it thanks to its wonderful aesthetics and modern design. Its looks alone could be enough to make it stand out from the rest of the products in the market. Coming in at under $200 it’s also one of the more affordable foosball tables and frankly, it looks more expensive than it actually is.
There are three different models of it available in the market at the moment. There’s the standard design that comes with a leveler, one with an option for foldable legs, and a 3-in-1 version that also has pool and air hockey aside from functioning as a foosball table. All of these models are built to be portable and lightweight so you can definitely place it wherever you want and save space.
Playcraft has been synonymous for providing gameplay that gives a bang for your buck. The company has merged innovation with high quality workmanship in producing top-of-the-line foosball game tables, pool tables and accessories that are designed for commercial and home use. Playcraft has been around for more than two decades, providing products that zero in on durability and value.
Playcraft has always been dedicated to giving people more than enough value for the money that they pay. They’re very creative when it comes to features and they don’t skimp on anything when it comes to the building of their products. That being said, how does the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table fare when it comes to features and durability?
Analysis and Findings
Almost all of the standard foosball tables you’ll find in the market are made out of medium density fiberboard and the Playcraft Sport foosball table is no exception. The only thing that really sets a table apart is how thick the wood is. Thickness defines how durable a foosball table is and frankly, this one has less than an inch and it could be an issue in the long run.
There’s a reason why it costs less, because it may not be as durable as you would hope for it to be. Your best bet is to avoid heavily aggressive gameplay on the Playcraft Sport if you want to get more than a few years from it.
Seasoned foosball table owners and players know that in order to evaluate a table properly, you must take the weight into consideration. The heavier a table is, the more stable it’s going to be during gameplay. The sidewall of the Playcraft Sport foosball table isn’t even an inch thick, so you can expect a bit of shaking while playing with the table. This could be a double-edged sword, as some more experienced players can use this to their advantage, while others might find it frustrating.
The ideal weight for foosball tables should be at least 125 pounds, but at 63 pounds, the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table is considered to be lightweight. So yes, expect some movement because it is not quite solid enough to stop from shaking during gameplay.
As for the general measurements of the size, the Playcraft also falls a little short. Again, not necessarily a bad thing especially if you don’t have enough space at home to accommodate a larger table. The shorter height can also be a good thing if kids will be playing with the table, but for adults, this might not be preferable and a bigger table might be needed.
The table does come with levelers, which helps if it’s placed on a floor that is uneven. This creates a level playing surface and fair play.
The Playcraft Sport Table has some pretty decent graphics scattered all over it. Depending on your tastes, it could be tacky or just the right amount. Some customer reviews admit that it’s not something that they like, as the designs are not painted on the table, but rather, just a paper veneer sticker. You also have two color choices: black or red. Frankly, choosing either isn’t a bad thing as these two colors tend to go with anything.
Pros and Cons
- Relatively cheap. Well, having a cheap price tag has never been a con for most people. You can buy the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table without going broke. At its price online, you won’t have to sweat about spending money. In comparison, this is a more affordable alternative to the other foosball tables in the market.
- Ideal for kids. Because of its size, the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table is more suitable for kids. It’s perfect for ages 7 to 13 years and well, maybe some adult newbies who just want a foosball table for some casual play.
- Aesthetically pleasing. The graphics on the table are pretty attractive to look at, especially for kids who are more visual-based. You also get an interactive crowd and some pretty darn good-looking soccer field graphics.
- It doesn’t take too much space. While the smaller measurements of this table could pose a problem for older players, it’s still a pro because of the fact that it could fit anywhere in your house if you have a limited space.
- Pretty compact. Again, the measurements and the weight of this table give you the ability to lug it around wherever you want. At 63 pounds, it’s definitely a small fry compared to the standard weight of 125 pounds for other tables. Being lightweight, you can also store this anywhere without clogging up your space.
- Stability. Thanks to the fact that this table comes with levelers, you don’t have to rip your hair out from having an uneven floor. The table does the stabilizing for you.
- Not built to last. With a cheap price comes the issue of durability. The thickness of the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table isn’t as solid as others in the market. While being built out of MDF is pretty standard, it’s the thickness that sets things apart. At less than an inch thick, this one isn’t exactly the best in the market. It’s going to succumb to wear and tear through the years, but hey, at its price tag, you really shouldn’t be expecting too much. Also, the rods have the tendency to bend and snap if you get too aggressive.
- It can be too light. Even if there are levelers that are in place, it’s still no match for bigger players. The table could still shake if played with by bigger and more aggressive adults. So expect some movement and frustration.
- Smaller than other tables. The standard size for other foosball tables in the market is around 56L x 30W x 36H, but the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table is only at 48″L x 24″W x 31″H, which doesn’t make it the perfect choice for adult players. Larger tables are usually preferred by more competitive players and since it’s a bit too low, it’s something that should be bought for kids.
- Assembly Takes Some Time. Consumers are complaining how assembly for the Playcraft Sport Foosball Table got a bit frustrating and ate up at least 2 hours of their time. Some of them admit that it had to take two adults to finish the task.
Conclusion and Recommendation
While you’re not paying out of the wazoo to get the Playcraft Sport foosball table, it’s still a great gift to give for your kids or someone who just wants to play casually. For quality and durability, maybe you’re better off with another table. Buyers usually complain about how much of a hassle it is to assemble the table and that it doesn’t seem like something that could last long for them. But hey, it all depends on who’s going to be using it and how hardcore they are when they play. It’s perfect if you have a limited budget and even more limited space available at home. If you really don’t plan on keeping it for decades, then this is perfect for you.